Activities in Central Asia
|Convention (& amendments)||Protocol|
See also the previous activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia:
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 3rd and 4th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2004-2008)
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 4th and 5th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2008-2011)
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 5th and 6th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2011-2014)
This page presents information on activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between 6th and 7th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2014-2017):
- Round Table: Discussion of the draft law on environmental assessment in the Kyrgyz Republic (13 May 2015), BishkekDoc
|Kazakhstan||Technical advice to Kazakhstan on improving legislation to implement the Protocol and advice in drafting necessary amendments||Ongoing, 2015-2017.|
|Kyrgyzstan||Technical advice and support to Kyrgyzstan on improving legislation as well as the institutional framework to implement the Convention||Ongoing and will be completed in 2015.|
Preparation and dissemination of guidance - drafting of guidance on the practical application of the Convention for specific needs of the subregion (for cases of transboundary EIA in relation to, inter alia, transboundary watercourses) by a consultant.
Revised draft Guidelines on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context for Central Asian Countries
Text of Espoo Convention
Template of Notification Letter
Guidance on Public Participation in EIA in a Transboundary Context
Methodological aspects of environmental and socio-economic impact assessment
Guidance on the Practical Application of the Espoo Convention
Template of EIA statement
Exemplary activity for procedure of post-project analysis
Guidance on subregional cooperation
Conclusions of the Sub-regional Workshop
Carrying-out of workshop in Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan) to finalize the guidance.
Active dissemination of the guidance in the participating countries (through, for example, national workshops).
National workshops in:
- Kyrgyzstan (28 January 2005)
- Tajikistan (18 February 2005)
- Uzbekistan (25 February 2005)
Third in Kazakhstan, June 2008.
Sixth planned for Turkmenistan (not realized).