Activities in Armenia in the context of the project “United Smart Cities” started in January 2015.
The ministry of Urban Development of the Republic of Armenia selected the city of Goris to be the pilot city for the project in Armenia.
A group of local experts has been chosen to support the activities in the city at local level as well as a team of international experts has been appointed to direct the work and advise measures to improve the city’s sustainable development.
The activities in Goris include:
- A pre-research mission to get political commitment to join the project (November 2014)
- A research mission which brings the international team of experts to meet the local expert and local stakeholders and gather opinions which will provide an overview of the city status (February 2015)
- The workshop named “Towards a smarter Goris” (April 2015)
- The development of a smart city profile with recommendations (December 2015)
- A concrete action plan (April 2016)
Ministry of Urban Development of
the Republic of Armenia
United Nations Economic
Commission for Europe
Center for Caucasus
For more information on the activities in Goris, please contact:
|National coordinator:||International coordinator:|
| Ms. Nune Harutyunyan|
Regional Environmental Center for Caucasus (RECC)
|Ms. Domenica Carriero|
Consultant, Housing and Land Management Unit
United Nations Economic Commision for Europe