Implementing UN/CEFACT e-Business standards in agricultural trade - A handbook for policy makers and project managers
This Handbook presents a general framework for the design of of e-Business projects in the agrifood sector using open, international standards. It specifically looks at four e-Business standards developed by UN/CEFACT in the areas of:
- Electronic phytosanitary certificates;
- Electronic reporting of sustainable fishery management;
- Electronic exchange of laboratory analysis results;
- Electronic management and exchange of CITES permits/certificates
- Apporaches to traceability in agriculture trade
The Handbook (ECE/TRADE/428) supports project managers and policy makers in developing and transition economies to design, plan and implement projects for improvement of competitiveness of their agriculture trade using latest eBusiness and trade facilitation approaches. The Handbook has been written by the UNECE and UN/ESCAP toghether with the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT), a global standardisation body for the exchange of electronic business information comprising international experts in agriculture trade with specific experts in implementing these eBusiness standards in a poly driven environment.