The Sectoral Initiative on Equipment for Explosive Environments (SIEEE) held a meeting in Split, Croatia, on Wednesday 7 September 2011 from 14:00 to 17:00.
The meeting was organized back to back to the meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission system for the certification to standards for electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres (IECEx Scheme).
The meeting aimed at:
- Sharing information about the UNECE regulatory framework on Equipment for Explosive Atmosphere.
- Exchanging information about existing regulatory frameworks in different countries in this sector and their implication for business and other regulatory stakeholders;
- Discussing options for achieving increased convergenece among existing regulatory frameworks.
Regulators from Australia, Brazil, the European Union, the Russian Federation, and the United States agreed that products used in these dangerous facilities need a globally harmonized regulatory framework and that countries can reach this objective in the medium term. See press release. The meeting was held back to back to the meetings of the IECEx system.
- Introduction by the Chairperson, Mr. Frank Lienesch, Federal Ministry of Social Affairs
- The UNECE framework, Ms. Lorenza Jachia
Secretary, Working Party on Regulatory Cooperation and Standardization Policies
- The regulatory framework of the world most important markets:
by Mr. Steve Bentham [text] [PPT]
Inspector of Electrical Engineering, Mine Safety Operations, Department of Trade & Investment, New South Wales
by Mr. Alfredo Lobo,
Director of Quality, National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality
- European Union
by Mr. Mario Gabrielli Cossellu, ATEX Policy Officer, Mechanical Engineering Assistant Policy Officer, European Commission, Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry
Mrs. Ursula Aich, Regierungspraesidium Darmstadt
- Russian Federation
by Mr. Vitaly Grudtsyn, IECEx RU MB Secretary, Chief Specialist VNIINMASH
Alexander Zalogin, General Director, Certification Centre NANIO CCVE
Serguey Myasnikov, Deputy Head of Department of the Coal Industry Supervision, Rostekhnadzor
- United States
by Mr. David Chirdon, New Technology Program Manager, Approval and Certification Center, Mine Safety and Health Administration
- Panel discussion: Towards an internationally shared regulatory system? a plan of action
- Concluding remarks by: Dr.Ing. Uwe Klausmeyer, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), and Frank Lienesch
Download the agenda as .pdf