National accounts and globalization
We promote the implementation of the System of National Accounts (SNA) in the UNECE member countries, with an emphasis on the South-East European (SEE) and East European, Caucasus and Central-Asian (EECCA) countries: see related wiki page.
We develop guidance on the unresolved conceptual issues arising from 2008 SNA and BPM6 in relation to global production and on implementation aspects.
We conduct research and surveys of country practices, organize meetings and workshops on national accounts, contribute to the work of the Intersecreteriat Working Group on National Accounts and collect and disseminate national accounts data.
- Guide on Impact of globalization on national accounts (2012)
- 2008 System of National Accounts (United Nations Statistics Division)
- 1993 System of National Accounts (United Nations Statistics Division)
- Sixth Edition of the IMF's Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual (2008)
- Quarterly National Accounts Manual - Concepts, Data Sources and Compilation (IMF, 2001)
- OECD Handbook on Economic Globalisation Indicators (2010)
- Economic Globalization: A Challenge for Official Statistics (Joint EFTA/UNECE/SSCU Seminar, 2008)
- Report: TF on the recording of certain activities of multinationals in national accounts (2009)
- Non-observed Economy in National Accounts: Survey of Country Practices (2008)
Meetings and events
For information about events related to national accounts, please click here