We help to improve the statistical capacity of Central Asian countries, increasing their ability to meet the needs of data users at the national and international level.
We assist them in improving in statistical areas where the UNECE Statistical Division has a recognised expertise, such as population and housing censuses, short-term economic statistics, national accounts and gender statistics. Substantial increase in the production and publication of engendered statistical information in this sub-region will provide a better knowledge base for policy formulations on equal opportunities for women and men.
UNSPECA website - for information on all the different working groups operating under this program
Meetings and events
- Joint UNECE/EFTA/Eurostat Management Seminar on Global Assessments (Yalta, 23-25 September 2009) Updated: 3 October 2009
- 4th SPECA PWG Meeting on Statistics and Evaluation meeting of the StatCapCA project (Istanbul, 23-24 March 2009) Updated: 29 March 2010
- SPECA Project Working Group on Statistics (Paris, 13 June 2008) Updated: 11 July 2008
- SEE/CIS Workshop on "The Role of Official Statistics Supporting Evidence-based Decision Making" (Paris, 10 June 2008) Updated: 16 June 2008
- SPECA Project Working Group on Statistics (Geneva, 14-15 June 2007) Updated: 16 July 2007
- SPECA Project Working Group on Statistics (Paris, 16 June 2006) Updated: 20 July 2006
- Seminar on the application of the Fundamental Principles (Almaty, 28-29 April 2003) Updated: 2 September 2003