Statistical confidentiality and disclosure protection
We facilitate international cooperation, harmonisation of methods and exchange of experience in the area of statistical confidentiality.
The work covers managerial, statistical and organizational issues related to the protection of statistical confidentiality and disclosure control for both microdata and tabular data. Particular attention is paid to bringing the guidelines and core principles for managing statistical confidentiality and microdata access into the everyday practice of statistical agencies.
Work in this area covers topics such as:
- Identifying and measuring risk of statistical disclosure
- New methodologies for protecting data (disclosure limitation)
- Preserving data quality and usability in disclosure-limited data
- Access to statistical data for scientific purposes
- Modes of access to microdata
- The trade-off between quality, utility and privacy
Managing Statistical Confidentiality and Microdata Access (2007). Principles and Guidelines of Good Practice
Meetings and events
For information about statistical confidentiality and disclosure protection related events, please click here