Country market statements are prepared by member states as background for the annual meeting of the Committee on Forests and the Forest Industry. Information from the country market statements also feeds into the Committee's Market Statement, which is an Annex to the meeting report. The Country market statements address the following subjects:
1. General economic trends affecting the forest and forest industries sector (brief description)
2. Policy measures taken in the country over the past 18 months, which might have a bearing on trade and markets of forest products or forest management. The UNECE/FAO Forest Products Annual Market Review, 2012-2013 is a background document for the Market Discussions.
3. Market drivers – including construction trends, extra-regional consumption of forest products, targeted incentives for green building, renewable energy and so on. How these market drivers are affecting the market for forest products in your country, whether good or bad. Please provide information on any “built with wood” policies and programmes.
4. Developments in forest products markets sectors.
5. Tables on economic indicators and forest products production and trade in 2012, 2013 and 2014
The Committee encouraged delegations to submit Country Market Statements in electronic format. The following Market Statements were received and are set out below without any changes or editing. Other member countries wishing to be added to the list are invited to send their texts to the secretariat at the contact address on the left.
Please note that the forecast tables are usually not part of the statement. The forecast data can be found here.
|United States of America|
Country statements from previous years can be found here