The Technical Advisory Group was established by the Expert Group on Resource Classification in February 2014 to provide technical advice and assistance to stakeholders on the interpretations and/or applications of the United Nations Framework Classification for Fossil Energy and Mineral Reserves and Resources 2009 (UNFC-2009).
The mission of the Technical Advisory Group is to provide technical advice and assistance to the Stakeholder on the interpretations and/or applications of UNFC-2009 through timely reporting of such interactions to the Bureau of the Expert Group, as well as the Expert Group on Resource Classification. Such activities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- provision of advice on application of UNFC-2009
- acting as a resource for presentations or training on UNFC-2009
- the review of mapping of other resource classification systems to UNFC-2009
- the testing or preparation of case studies on UNFC-2009
- identifying potential updates that may be required in UNFC-2009 and its Specifications, including Bridging Documents that are the result of mapping initiatives.
The principal Stakeholder groups, or constituencies, to which this advice and assistance is offered include:
- analysts of energy and mineral resources
- the financial community.