- United Nations Framework Classification for Fossil Energy and Mineral Reserves and Resources 2009 (UNFC-2009)
- Рамкова класификация на Организацията на обединените нации на изкопаемите енергийни и минерални запаси и ресурси от 2009г. (РКООН)
- Classification-cadre des Nations Unies pour l’énergie fossile et les réserves et ressources minérales 2009 (CCNU-2009)
- Рамочная классификация ископаемых энергетических и минеральных ресурсовОрганизации Объединенных Наций 2009 года (РКООН-2009)
- Clasificación Marco de las Naciones Unidas para la energía fósil y los recursos y reservas minerales 2009 (CMNU-2009)
- تصنيف الأمم المتحدة الإطاري لاحتياطيات
وموارد الطاقة الأحفوريّة والمعادن، 2009
The United Nations Framework Classification for Fossil Energy and Mineral Reserves and Resources 2009 (UNFC-2009) is a universally applicable scheme for classifying/evaluating energy and mineral reserves and resources - it is the successor to UNFC-2004. Designed as an all-encompassing framework, it enables the incorporation and unification of existing national systems, while allowing their classification units and glossary to be retained. The principal objective of UNFC-2009 is to enhance international communication by providing a simple, user-friendly and uniform format for the reporting of energy reserves and resources, using market-based economic criteria. It has been developed to meet, to the extent possible, the needs of applications pertaining to international energy and mineral studies, government resource management functions, corporate business processes and financial reporting standards.
The proposed draft text of UNFC-2009 (ECE/ENERGY/GE.3/2009/L.5) was approved by the Committee on Sustainable Energy at its eighteenth session in November 2009. The final text of UNFC-2009 will be published as an official ECE Energy Series publication in 2010.
UNFC-2009 - Proposed Text as at 8 October 2009
(following public comment period and input at Sixth Session of Ad Hoc Group of Experts)
Draft UNFC-2008 and Draft Explanatory Note to UNFC-2008
The Revision Task Force of the UNECE Ad Hoc Group of Experts on the Harmonization of Fossil Energy and Mineral Resources Terminology invited the Group of Experts and other interested parties to review and comment on the draft revision of the 2004 United Nations Framework Classification of Fossil Energy and Mineral Resources (UNFC). The draft UNFC was accompanied by a draft Explanatory Note, to which comments were also invited. Both documents were made available in English and Russian.
Deadline for comments: 6 February 2009
For more information click here and to view comments received click here
Press Release 10 December 2008 "Revised UNFC aims to simplify reporting of energy and mineral reserves and resources in a globalized world".
United Nations Framework Classification for Fossil Energy and Mineral Resources 2004 (now succeeded by UNFC-2009)
English | 中文 [Chinese language translation courtesy of Mr. Hu Yundong]