The Economic Cooperation and Integration Division of the UNECE Secretariat supports the implementation of the Programme of Work and services the activities of the Committee.
Activities cover primarily the following thematic areas:
- Strengthening the Competitiveness of Member States’ Economies by Promoting the Knowledge-Based Economy and Innovation;
- Facilitating the Development of Entrepreneurship and the Emergence of New Enterprises;
- Facilitating Effective Regulatory Policies and Corporate Governance, Including Those in the Financial Sector;
- Promoting Public-Private Partnerships for Domestic and Foreign Investment, as well as Intellectual Property Rights; and
- Other Relevant Aspects of International Economic Cooperation and Integration.