Segovia, Spain, 13-15 November 2006
OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
The meeting is designed for assisting countries in conducting review and appraisal of MIPAA/RIS on the national level. Its objectives are:
- to advise the focal points on how to better conduct the national level review and appraisal of MIPAA/RIS and to apply the bottom-up participatory approach in particular
- to deliver the outputs and show the potential of regional level projects designed to support the implementation of MIPAA: (1) MA:IMI - Mainstreaming Ageing: Indicators to Monitor Implementation, and (2) Employment and Fiscal Policy Implications of Ageing.
- to exchange information on good practices in implementing MIPAA/RIS
- to identify and discuss capacity-building needs
- to facilitate bilateral and multilateral exchanges between national focal points
- to collect information on national level activities to feed into the planning of regional level activities
- to contribute to the preparatory process for the UNECE Regional Conference on Ageing to be held in October 2007.
Based on the information collected with the questionnaire that was distributed to the focal points before the meeting and on the meeting presentations and deliberations, the UNECE Population Activities Unit will prepare a report that includes an overview of MIPAA/RIS related activities in the region.