The report “Building more inclusive, sustainable and prosperous societies in Europe and Central Asia – A common United Nations vision for the post-2015 development agenda” was prepared within the Regional Coordination Mechanism for Europe and Central Asia and the United Nations Development Group for Europe and Central Asia. Prepared by a team of over a dozen UN entities active in Europe and Central Asia, and coordinated by UNECE and UNDP, it captures the rich experiences of a region that comprises high-, middle- and low-income countries and offers insights for the global debate.
The report was created as a series of 14 short thematic pieces, accompanied by an advocacy paper that lays out the overall vision. The short issue briefs provide policy-makers and negotiators of the future development agenda with a concise overview of the key points for each issue.
- The Europe and Central Asia region – Characteristics, MDG achievement and lessons for the global debate
- Population dynamics
- Migration in Europe and Central Asia
- Gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment in Europe and Central Asia
- Decent jobs for all
- Social protection for all
- Quality health and well-being for all
- Ensuring quality education for all
- Changing production patterns
- Changing consumption patterns
- Sustainable agriculture and rural development
- Managing the Earth's ecosystems
- Governance for sustainable development
- The partnership dimension of the post-2015 agenda