Diesel Engines Exhaust: Myths and Realities
Download PDF (English)
The objective of this Discussion paper is:
- to offer a balanced view on the on‐going debate about the harmful effects of diesel engine exhaust emissions on human health and the environment;
- to take stock of recent studies on the harmful effects of diesel exhausts to public health;
- to provide information about diesel emissions by different economic sectors including inland transport;
- to overview the recent policy developments on the reduction of pollutant emissions to address health and environmental concerns; and
- to overview any technological developments in diesel engines that reduce or even eliminate the harmful effects to public health.