Global Infrastructure Leader
Ernst & Young, Australia
Bill Banks is the Global Infrastructure Leader for EY and has been with EY in Australia since 2003. Prior to that Bill worked for over 15 years in the UK infrastructure market where he worked with The Royal Bank of Scotland and PwC infrastructure teams on major PPP transactions. Bill has significant experience in providing commercial and financial advisory services to both governments and bidding consortia for major infrastructure projects globally.
Bill is a Board Member of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia and is member of the Advisory Council for the Australian chapter of the International Project Finance Association. Bill is also currently an Adjunct Professor at Mirvac School of Sustainable Development at Bond University, Queensland, Australia.
Bill has been a lead participant in assisting Governments across the world with capacity building and policy development in PPPs. Selected highlights of Bill’s experience include the following capacity building workshops.
- APEC Finance Ministers 2010, Facilitating Commonality in Infrastructure delivery
- Asian Development Bank Institute, Private Sector Participation and Investment in Physical Infrastructure for CAREC, Tokyo
- Strengthening Private Sector Participation for Physical Infrastructure in Vietnam, Strengthening Private Sector Participation for Infrastructure in the Pacific Region,
- Adviser to PIMAC on the negotiating process for PPI projects in Korea (international best practice)
- Adviser to the Australian Federal Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government on the roll out of Nation Building programme.
- Adviser Hong Kong Government on roll-out of PPP Policy and procedures
Adviser to Singapore Government on implementation of PPP Policy
Some of the recent projects that Bill has lead the financial advisory team on include the Philippines Schools PPP, Tuas Desalination Project in Singapore, Mundaring Water Treatment project, New South Wales Schools PPPs, South East Queensland Schools PPP, New South Wales Housing PPP, Brisbane North South Bypass Tunnel and Brisbane Airport Link.
He is a Member of UNECE PPP Business Advisory Board since February, 2014.