The Task Force on the Water-Food-Energy-Ecosystems Nexus is charged with the overview and guidance of the assessment of the nexus in selected transboundary basins, which is carried out as part of the Convention’s programme of work 2013–2015 that was adopted by the Parties.
This second meeting of the Task Force will bring together representatives of the countries that are concerned by the basin assessments, whether carried out already or planned for the coming year, as well as representatives of organizations undertaking parallel initiatives, partners, experts and stakeholders.
The meeting will have the following objectives:
- Provide an overview of the status of preparations so far;
- Review the approach to assessing the nexus, including the methodology, under the Water Convention;
- Discuss the findings and the experience from the basin assessments carried out so far;
- Review the preparations for the forthcoming basin assessments, hear about the related expectations and discuss their specificities;
- Discuss the format and elements of the basin assessments to be produced as well as the overall stocktaking report from the nexus assessment;
- Agree on the next steps in the current process;
- Propose possible follow-up activities for the Convention’s programme of work 2016–2018.
Delegates attending the meeting are requested to register by 22 August 2014 using the electronic procedure available through the following link: https://www2.unece.org/uncdb/app/ext/meeting-registration?id=dE37aG. We recommend you use Internet Explorer browser for the online meeting registration. In case of difficulties you may refer to the user manual or please contact the secretariat by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).