The Regional Consultation on the Post-2015 Development Agenda “Inclusive and Sustainable Development: Perspectives from Europe and Central Asia on the Post-2015 Development Agenda” was held on 7 and 8 November 2013 in Istanbul, Turkey.
The high-level event was hosted by the Government of Turkey and organized in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
The post-2015 framework was shape development efforts for many years. The diverse region of Europe and Central Asia encapsulated many of the global challenges. It was therefore crucial that this region makes a thoughtful contribution to the process of formulating the post-2015 agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Taking forward the decisions of the UN General Assembly’s Special Event on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (New York, 25 September 2013), the Regional Consultation provided a timely opportunity to identify regional priorities for the post-2015 UN development agenda and discussed how these priorities could become part of a coherent global framework. The event also aimed to review regional experiences and lessons learned from the MDGs, spearhead ways to deepen regional cooperation, and reviewed proposals for measurement of sustainable development in the context of the post-2015 development agenda.
The Regional Consultation was a multi-stakeholder event, bringing together representatives from governments, international organizations, civil society, the private sector, academia and media. The meeting was feature a series of thematic panel discussions and conclude with an open forum that identified regional priorities for the post-2015 agenda and formulated the regional contributions to the global debate.
The meeting was preceded by a civil society consultation.
Inputs and related work streams:
- UN Development Group’s national and global thematic consultations on the post-2015 development agenda
- Report of the High-level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Work of the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals
- Post-2015 vision for Europe and Central Asia formulated by the UN System in the region
- Civil society consultation
- UNICEF youth consultation
- Summary Report
- Recommendations by representatives from Major Groups & other Stakeholders
- Statement by Members of the Major Group for Children and Youth: OUR FUTURE STARTS TODAY, БУДУЩЕЕ НАЧИНАЕТСЯ СЕГОДНЯ