ICT can transform existing gender-based inequalities into opportunities and resources and significantly contribute to the achievement of gender equality and economic, political, and social empowerment of women.
The workshop on “Women Entrepreneurs and ICTs” contributes to capacity building and provides support, guidance and managerial tools to women entrepreneurs on the use of ICTs in business. The workshop discusses the various ways in which the new technologies can influence small business management and how women entrepreneurs can both benefit from and cope with the challenges of ICTs.
The workshop will cover the following themes:
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs) and new
- Opportunities for employment
- The internet as a source of information and advice
- social media as a tool for business promotion and networking
- Women and the “gender divide”; enhancing women’s capacities
- Small businesses and the global market
- Women in business networks
- Support strategies for the small enterprise - exploring the Israeli
- Experience in SME development
- The application of ICTs in rural tourism
- Preparation of a proposal to support women entrepreneurs
It also includes a Roundtable where participants share experience and lessons learnt from their countries.
Upon completion of the proposed workshop, the participants will have:
- analysed the role of ICTs in small business management
- widened their knowledge of support systems for small-scale entrepreneurs as a tool for regional and local development
- become acquainted with the support systems for micro and small entrepreneurship in Israel, including technological incubators
- discussed the position of women entrepreneurs at times of rapid global change
- revised the role of rural tourism as an income generator