An expert group was established to elaborate safety guidelines for oil terminals within a project on hazard and crisis management in the Danube Delta. The project is under the Assistance Programme of the Convention on the Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents.
During their third meeting, the expert group will discuss and further develop the safety guidelines for oil terminals, as agreed at their previous meetings, and decide on the steps to finalize the guidelines. The guidelines are expected to promote incident-free operation, and to improve the understanding among the authorities and operators of the necessary safety standards to be applied at oil terminals.
1. Agenda and organizational details
2. General aspects to the Guidelines, in especially the overall structure and how to integrate the life cycle approach - Part 1 to 3 (Sources & further reading) ?
3. Discussing Part 1 with Introduction, Scope, Principles and General recommendations
4. Part 2 – Detailed Recommendations for Operators - Structure - Headlines/Titles - Missing Parts (who/which additional experts will be able to complete the Guidelines)- Content
5. Brainstorming how to structure the planned workshop to the safety of oil terminals (3rd quarter 2013, presumably in Odessa, Ukraine), i.e. - Speakers/Experts - Guideline discussion - practical exercise with inspectors
6. Further Proceeding/ Next meeting of the Expert Group