Analysis of Advanced Technologies in EE&RE
Analysis of Advanced Technologies in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in the Framework of the Global Energy Efficiency 21 Project and Preparation of Recommendations on its Application with Special Emphasis on Central Asian Region
The project is designed to explore how the experience of national and international energy efficiency programmes can be applied with UN Economic Commission for Europe (ECE) assistance to the other United Nations Regional Commissions, especially to ESCAP which shares common member states with ECE. The energy and climate change mitigation activities of the other Regional Commissions will need to be appraised to determine how they could respond fully to the transfer, adoption and local adaptation of the activities such as those under the UNECE energy efficiency work programme. The project will also explore how the valuable international experience can be applied with UNECE assistance to the Central Asian region countries to improve their capacity to implement advanced energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies under the national conditions.
2. Convene inception meeting of experts/officials to exchange information and experience on energy efficiency and renewable energy policies providing a fruitful exchange of views and supporting to make decisions related to the goals, methodologies, fields of responsibilities, scope of activities including data collection, terms and conditions and time-frame for implementation to complete the proposed national studies.
3. Undertake National Studies (one for each country) in order to:
4. Assemble the first regional meeting of national experts to consider drafts National Studies and develop guidelines for the preparation of Regional Study exchanging of views and findings related to national policies framework, national priorities on EE and RE technologies.
5. Undertake a comprehensive, systematic and forward-looking Regional Study to analyze the development and dissemination of advanced technologies in energy efficiency and renewable energy in the world and identify the most effective institutional, legal, financial and other mechanisms to encourage excellence in EE and RE, with an emphasis on the possibilities of implementing best practices in Central Asian region.
6. Arrange the second regional meeting to consider the Regional Study as guidance for the national experts and publish it in foreign languages aiming the dissemination of conclusions and recommendations derived from the Regional Study to promote alternative future scenarios of common energy sector policies development taking into consideration sustainable energy development criteria and goals defined by country experts.
The primary objective of the project is to identify the most effective institutional, legal, financial, technical and other mechanisms to improve performance in energy efficiency and renewable energy, with an emphasis on the identification of appropriate EE and RE technologies for the Central Asian Region.
Project duration period:
Анализ развития и распространения передовых технологий в области энергоэффективности и возобновляемой энергетики в Казахстане
|Национальный доклад по развитию технологий в области энергоэффективности и возобновляемой энергетики в Кыргызской Республике|
|Анализ развития и распространения передовых технологий в области энергоэффективности и возобновляемой энергетики в Республике Таджикистан в рамках проекта Европейской Экономической Комиссии «Глобальная энергоэффективность -21» для стран Центральной Азии"|
|Анализ развития и распространения передовых технологий в области энергоэффективности и возобновляемой энергетики в Республике Узбекистан|
Study on the application of energy efficiency and renewable energy advanced technologies in Central Asian Countries
|Strengthening cooperation of Central-Asian countries in using ad-vanced technologies in energy efficiency and renewable energy sources|
Synthesis research contributing to introduction of advanced technologies for energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in the countries of Central Asia