Task Force on Target Setting and Reporting
The Task Force on Target Setting and Reporting, co-led by Romania and Switzerland, aims at improving governance for water and health in Parties to the Protocol and other States working in its framework.
The overall objective of the Task Force is to reinforce the implementation of the core provisions of the Protocol on target setting and reporting under articles 6 and 7 of the Protocol.
In 2017–2019, the Task Force on Target Setting and Reporting will:
· Build capacity to address specific issues and common challenges related to setting targets and implementing measures through thematic exchanges, including on the interlinkages between the Protocol and the 2030 Agenda
· Provide support to organizing tailor-made national and subregional workshops to support the setting of targets, the implementation of measures and public participation
· Promote good practices on setting targets and implementing measures, including through twinning of Parties
· Foster exchange of experience and analysis of the benefits, outcomes and concrete results achieved through the implementation of the Protocol at both the national and regional levels
· Develop a guidance booklet on how to translate the 2030 Agenda into national targets set under the Protocol.
· Support improvement in the quality of reporting in accordance with article 7 at the regional level
· Raise awareness and share knowledge on the linkages between the reporting system under the Protocol and the 2030 Agenda monitoring framework
· Continue assisting Parties to comply with the reporting obligations of article 7.
The Task Force on Target Setting and Reporting also promotes the use of tools developed under its framework:
More information about the work carried out by the Task Force on Target Setting and Reporting