The United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and E-business (UN/CEFACT) organised the 20th session of the UN/CEFACT Forum in Vienna, from 17 to 21 September 2012.
Priorities at the Forum were:
- Advancing current projects and domain activities
- Ongoing maintenance tasks (such as UN/EDIFACT Data Maintenance Requests)
- Formulating and approving a series of new projects to be conducted within the framework of the approved programme of work 2012-2013
- Continuing liaison and cooperation activities with external organizations (governmental as well as industry and standards consortia)
- Advancing UN/CEFACT’s current and forthcoming technical framework
UN/CEFACT supports activities dedicated to improving the ability of business, trade and administrative organizations, from developed, developing and transition economies, to exchange products and relevant services effectively. Its principal focus is on facilitating national and international transactions, through the simplification and harmonization of processes, procedures and information flows, and so contributing to the growth of global commerce.
Forum sessions are held bi-annually in different locations throughout the world. Information on previous Forums is available at http://www.unece.org.unecedev.colo.iway.ch/index.php?id=3145
List of participants at the 20th Forum meeting PDF