At its first session (Geneva, 10-11 April 2003), THE PEP Steering Committee endorsed the project, implemented through a series of workshops organized by Austria, France, Malta, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland
* Workshop I on "Transport Related Health Impacts - Review of Exposures and Epidemiological Status", hosted by Austria (24-25 April 2003, Vienna).
* Workshop II on "Economic Valuation of Health Effects due to Transport", hosted by Sweden (12-13 June 2003, Stockholm).
* Workshop III on "Issues Specific to Children", hosted by the Netherlands (16-17 October 2003, The Hague).
* Workshop IV on "Synthesis and Recommendations", hosted by Malta (19-20 February 2004)
At its second session (Geneva, 29-30 March 2004), the Steering Committee considered the principal outcomes of the workshops and the input provided to the development of the European Children's Environment and Health Action Plan for Europe (CEHAPE), to be adopted by the Fourth Ministerial Conference on Environment and Health (Budapest, 23-25 June 2004) (see "Introductory note by the WHO/Europe and UNECE secretariats"). The Committee endorsed the proposals for follow-up actions that should contribute to the further implementation of THE PEP as well as of the CEHAPE and set up a Task Force.
* Products: Brochure, executive summary and specific topic reports
* Project details: Link to project website