The Bureau draws to the attention of UN/CEFACT Experts, Heads of Delegation, and their delegates the critical importance of participation in the forthcoming Forum in Geneva. Priorities at the Forum will be:
- Implementing the decisions of the 18th session of UN/CEFACT (15 - 17 February 2012)
- Advancing current projects and domain activities
- Ongoing maintenance tasks (such as UN/EDIFACT Data Maintenance Requests)
- Formulating and approving new projects under the new structure
- Continuing liaison activities with external organizations
- Implementing Bureau Programme Support (BPS) activities
Participants can contribute to the implementation of the new organization in many ways and will have opportunities to meet as part of PDAs, within projects and domains as well as helping specifically to facilitate the implementation of the revised structure.
Within the United Nations framework of the Economic and Social Council, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) serves as the focal point for trade facilitation recommendations and electronic business standards, covering both commercial and government business processes that can foster growth in international trade and related services. In this context, the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT) was established, as a subsidiary, inter-governmental body of the UNECE Committee on Trade, mandated to develop a programme of work of global relevance to achieve improved worldwide coordination and cooperation in these areas.
UN/CEFACT supports activities dedicated to improving the ability of business, trade and administrative organizations, from developed, developing and transition economies, to exchange products and relevant services effectively. Its principal focus is on facilitating national and international transactions, through the simplification and harmonization of processes, procedures and information flows, and so contributing to the growth of global commerce.
The UN/CEFACT Forum, held twice a year, is a meeting of UN/CEFACT experts at one time in the same location and facilitates close liaison and full interaction. These UN/CEFACT experts develop trade facilitation Recommendations, eBusiness Standards and their supporting Technical Specifications.
Forum sessions are held bi-annually in different locations throughout the world. Information on previous Forums is available at www.unece.org.unecedev.colo.iway.ch/index.php
The 19th UN/CEFACT Forum is scheduled to be held at Salle XXV, Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, from 16 to 20 April 2012.
Forum Week: Downloadable Schedule
16 April 2012, Monday
- Forum opening plenary session presented by Bureau members PPT1 PPT2
Introduction to Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) by Enrico Camerinelli
17 April 2012, Tuesday
- Meeting on Reliable message exchange between communities (Transborder Messaging)
- Introduction: Tim McGrath
- Review and Summary: Tim McGrath
- Lunch and Learn session: on Agriculture, Trade Facilitation & Trade Finance by Angela Strachan, International Trade Centre Geneva (ITC)
- Presentation on Reuse across e-Government services (e-TrustEx | CIPA) by Joao Rodrigues Frade
18 April 2012, Wednesday
- Lunch and Learn session: Pan_European Public Procurement by Jostein Frømyr
- Trade Facilitation Implementation Guide (TFIG) presentation by Maria-Teresa Pisani and Tom Butterly
19 April 2012, Thursday
- Lunch and Learn session: Online Forum by Tom Butterly and Tim McGrath
- Presentation on European Forum for energy business Information eXchange (ebIX) by Kees Sparreboom
- 20th UN/CEFACT Forum in Vienna announcement by Harm Jan van Burg
20 April 2012, Friday
Forum closing plenary session presented by Bureau members
Video on 20th Forum by Pier Alberto Cucino
Download as the Presentation .zip (zipped folder of 34,675KB)
(excluding the video file)