Activities in Central Asia
Convention (& amendments)
See also the previous activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia:
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 3rd and 4th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2004-2008)
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 4th and 5th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2008-2011)
- Activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between the 5th and 6th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2011-2014)
This page presents information on activities under the Espoo Convention focused on Central Asia, for the period between 6th and 7th sessions of the Meeting of the Parties (2014-2017):
- Round Table: Discussion of the draft law on environmental assessment in the Kyrgyz Republic (13 May 2015), BishkekDoc
Technical advice to Kazakhstan on improving legislation to implement the Protocol and advice in drafting necessary amendments
Technical advice and support to Kyrgyzstan on improving legislation as well as the institutional framework to implement the Convention
Ongoing and will be completed in 2015.
Preparation and dissemination of guidance - drafting of guidance on the practical application of the Convention for specific needs of the subregion (for cases of transboundary EIA in relation to, inter alia, transboundary watercourses) by a consultant.
Revised draft Guidelines on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context for Central Asian Countries
Text of Espoo Convention
Template of Notification Letter
Guidance on Public Participation in EIA in a Transboundary Context
Methodological aspects of environmental and socio-economic impact assessment
Guidance on the Practical Application of the Espoo Convention
Template of EIA statement
Exemplary activity for procedure of post-project analysis
Guidance on subregional cooperation
Conclusions of the Sub-regional Workshop
Carrying-out of workshop in Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan) to finalize the guidance.
Active dissemination of the guidance in the participating countries (through, for example, national workshops).
National workshops in:
- Kyrgyzstan (28 January 2005)
- Tajikistan (18 February 2005)
- Uzbekistan (25 February 2005)
Third in Kazakhstan, June 2008.
Sixth planned for Turkmenistan (not realized).