Review and Appraisal
Every five years, countries of the UNECE region undertake an analysis of the current state of implementation of MIPAA/RIS and the actions required to make further progress. The Working Group on Ageing facilitates this process by preparing guidelines for reporting, and the Secretariat compiles and synthesises all country reports.
On this page you can find the guidelines and country reports from each of the five-yearly review and appraisal cycles of MIPAA/RIS follow-up.
Third cycle (MIPAA+15): 2017
This cycle was launched in May 2015 and is currently underway. UNECE member States are asked to prepare national reports with the help of the guidance documents below.
- Guidelines for national focal points (English) (Russian)
- Guidelines for stakeholders (English) (Russian)
- List of suggested indicators for statistical annex (English) (Russian)
Reports may be submitted in any of the three official UNECE languagues, namely English, Russian or French. All reports will be uploaded as and when received.
Second cycle (MIPAA+10): 2012
- 2012 Guidelines (English)
- 2012 Guidelines (Russian)
- 2012 Country Reports
- Overview of available policies and legislation, data and research, and institutional arrangements relating to older persons
- Synthesis Report on the implementation of the Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing in the UNECE region
First cycle (MIPAA+5): 2007
- 2007 Guidelines (English)
- Global Guidelines for MIPAA review: Bottom-up participatory approach
- 2007 Country Reports
- 2007 Synthesis Report: 'Implementation of the Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing in the UNECE region: Review of the first five years'