Modern Wood Energy Systems and Markets
– an opportunity for south east Europe
Hotel Timisoara, Timisoara, Romania
Maps - overview and detail
Organizer - Florian Borlea, Romanian National Forest Administration
- To raise both political and forest sector awareness of wood’s potential as a clean energy source and of the benefits of modern wood energy technology;
- To encourage transfer of knowledge about wood energy technology, drawing on the considerable expertise in other countries, including those with trading links with south east Europe e.g. Italy and Austria
- To identify strategies and measures that will support the development of wood energy;
- To introduce case studies from countries where wood energy already plays a central role and to highlight the potential to adopt best practice models.
|18 September 2008: |
Excursion to the untouched forest IZVOARELE NEREI in the National Park Semenic-Cheile Carasului, the Izvoarele Nerei reserve: http://semenic.online.ro
Departure : 8 a.m (from Hotel Timisoara).