The UNECE Working Party on Regulatory Cooperation and Standardization Policies (WP.6) is a forum for dialogue among regulators and policy makers. The participants discuss a wide range of issues, including technical regulations, standardization, conformity assessment, metrology, market surveillance and risk management.
The Working Party makes recommendations that promote regulatory policies to protect the health and safety of consumers and workers, and preserve our natural environment, without creating unnecessary barriers to trade and investment. They are non-binding, and are widely implemented in the UNECE member States and beyond.
Who takes part in our meetings and in the development of the recommendations?
- governmental authorities
- intergovernmental organizations
- business associations and private firms
- standards-setting organizations
- certification bodies
- test houses
- international schemes for conformity assessment
- civil society
- consumer organizations
- Recommendations (ENG FRE RUS)
- Terms of Reference of the Working Party (ENG, FRE RUS)
- Regulatory cooperation at UNECE (Brochure in ENG FRE RUS)
- Common Regulatory language for Trade development (ECE/TRADE/375)
- Contribution of UNECE to good regulatory practice
- Compilation of sources on good regulatory practice (G/TBT/W/341)
For general enquiries about activities and forthcoming events, contact: Secretary of the Working Party.