This activity mainly aims to identify and provide tools to tackle problems related to the existing housing stock and its management. Housing systems are important factors in saveguarding social cohesion in the UNECE countries. The activity also provides an opportunity to look at urban renewal policies and at the existing and emerging housing problems, especially regarding housing financing. As a result of privatization in countries in transition, the proportion of owner-occupied dwellings in multi-family housing has increased considerably. It is therefore important to establish property rights, define mixed ownership, and establish a legal and institutional framework for operating housing condominiums. This programme element also focuses on the basic mechanisms for social housing development.
- The Action Plan for Energy Efficient Housing in the UNECE Region
- Housing finance systems for countries in transition: principles and examples
- Guidelines on social housing: Principles and examples
- Guidelines on Condominium Ownership of Housing for Countries in Transition English Russian
- Country Review of Kyrgyzstan: Sustainable Development and Human Settlements (Overview and Recommended Action)
HBP/2000/2 English French Russian