A greener economy in Central Asia and the Caucasus with sustainable forests
UNDA 8th tranche project
UNECE and FAO are launching a two-year capacity-building project in Central Asia and the Caucasus to increase the potential of that region’s forest sector for “greening” the economy.
The project will provide training and advisory services for government officials who deal with forestry. It will include the following activities:
- Developing training materials on sustainable forest management in a green economy, on wood energy and on data collection.
- Holding regional, national and local workshops on:
- Forest-policy formulation
- Bioenergy generation from wood
- Data collection on forests and forests products.
- Sharing lessons learned and making recommendations through a concluding regional conference.
- Creating a web-based hub for knowledge management on forest-related issues.
Also included will be a coaching programme in three countries for developing national action plans to improve the forest’s sector contribution to a green economy.
July 2013 - July 2015
The project will be carried out through UNECE and FAO’s network of entities and experts in that region.
UNDA 8th Tranche Project on Sustainable Forest Management in Central Asia and the Caucasus
1st Regional Workshop - 8-11 April, 2014 - Astana, Kazakhstan
1st National Workshop - 14-16 April, 2014 - Astana, Kazakhstan
1st Coaching Seminar - 17-18 April, 2014 - Astana, Kazakhstan
To see the list of Focal Points, please click here.
Maria Teresa Pisani
Tel:+41 (0)22 91 74153