Article 22 of the Protocol on Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers on review of compliance, requires the Meeting of the Parties to establish arrangements for reviewing compliance with the Protocol. The first session of the Meeting of the Parties to the Protocol adopted Decision I/2 on the review of compliance (ECE/MP.PRTR/2010/2/Add.1, EN, FR, RU). This decision establishes the Compliance Committee and the procedures for the review of compliance.
Members of the Compliance Committee:
The members of the Compliance Committee serve in a personal capacity. The Meeting of the Parties at its first session elected the following Compliance Committee members to serve on the Committee until the end of the third session of the Meeting:
- Mr. Fritz Kroiss (Austria),
- Mr. Gor Movsisyan (Armenia),
- and Ms. Barbara Rathmer (Germany).
The Meeting of the Parties at its second session re-elected the following Compliance Committee members:
- Mr. Merab Barbakadze (Georgia),
- Mr. Akos Fehervary (Hungary),
- and Mr. Alistair McGlone (United Kingdom);
and elected the following Compliance Committee members:
- Mr. Nicolas Encausse (France),
- Ms. Nataša Kacic-Bartulovic (Croatia),
- and Mr. Dmytro Skrylnikov (Ukraine).
Fifth Meeting - 22-23 May 2017, Geneva (Switzerland)
Fourth Meeting - 27-29 April 2015, Geneva (Switzerland)
Third Meeting - 3-4 July 2014, Maastricht (The Netherlands)
Second Meeting - 1-2 April 2014, Geneva (Switzerland)
First Meeting - 27-28 January 2011, Geneva (Switzerland)