Market Statements 2011
Country market statements address the following subjects:
- General economic trends affecting the forest and forest industries sector
- Policy measures taken in your country over the past 18 months, which might have a bearing on trade and markets of forest products.
- Economic stimulus policies and forest products markets;
- Climate change and forest-related markets;
- Trade policy issues affecting markets;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Russian forest sector reform and domestic and export market effects; and,
- Research and development policies.
- Wood raw materials (e.g. roundwood: sawlogs, and pulpwood and fuelwood)
- Wood energy, with a focus on government policies promoting wood energy
- Certified forest products
- Value-added wood products
- Sawn softwood
- Sawn hardwood (temperate and tropical)
- Wood-based panels (particle board, fibreboard and MDF, OSB, plywood)
- Pulp and paper
- Carbon markets in the forest sector
- Economic indicators
- Forest products production and trade in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
The tables on forest products production and trade, organized by product, will be published after the meeting.
Specific topics for this year can be found in the cover letter addressed to Timber Committee Heads of Delegation
The Committee encouraged delegations to submit Country Market Statements in electronic format. The following Market Statements were received and are set out below without any changes or editing. Other member countries wishing to be added to the list are invited to send their texts to the secretariat at the contact address on the left.
France (English summary)
Country statements from previous years can be found here