Country market statements address the following subjects:
- General economic trends affecting the forest and forest industries sector
- Policy measures taken in your country over the past 18 months, which might have a bearing on trade and markets of forest products.
- Market drivers
- Developments in forest products markets sectors (major emphasis)
- Wood raw materials (e.g. roundwood: sawlogs, and pulpwood and fuelwood)
- Wood energy, with a focus on government policies promoting wood energy
- Certified forest products
- Value-added wood products
- Sawn softwood
- Sawn hardwood (temperate and tropical)
- Wood-based panels (particle board, fibreboard and MDF, OSB, plywood)
- Pulp and paper
- Carbon markets in the forest sector
- Economic indicators
- Forest products production and trade in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The tables on forest products production and trade, organized by product, will be published after the meeting.
Specific topics for this year can be found in the cover letter addressed to Timber Committee Heads of Delegation
The Committee encouraged delegations to submit Country Market Statements in electronic format. The following Market Statements were received and are set out below without any changes or editing. Other member countries wishing to be added to the list are invited to send their texts to the secretariat at the contact address on the left.
Country Market Statement
The Russian Federation