Forest Products Annual Market Review, 2008-2009
Geneva Timber and Forest Study Paper 24, ECE/TIM/SP/24
The UNECE/FAO Forest Products Annual Market Review, 2008-2009 provides general and statistical information on forest products markets in 2008 and early 2009 in the UN Economic Commission for Europe region (Europe, North America and Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia)
The Review begins with an overview chapter, followed by a chapter on the policy implications of market developments, then a description of the economic situation and factors affecting forest products markets in the region.
Market developments in five standard sectors, based on annual country-supplied statistics, are described for wood raw materials, sawn softwood, sawn hardwood, wood-based panels and paper and paperboard.
Regular chapters discuss markets for wood energy, certified forest products, value-added wood products and tropical timber. A new feature this year is a chapter on forest-based carbon markets. In each chapter production, trade and consumption are analysed and relevant development on specific markets and policies are included.
Tables included with the text present summary statistical information. Additional statistical tables are available below.
The above publication is available in PDF format. To read documents in PDF format you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. This software is free-of-charge and is available from the official Adobe website.
Copies can be ordered from the UN Sales Section, fax +41 (22) 917-0027, unp.un.org
Readers survey: please take a few minutes to provide us feedback on the Review.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Overview of forest products markets and policies, 2008-2009
- Chapter 2 - Policy issues related to forest products markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 3 - Economic developments affecting forest products markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 4 - Wood raw material markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 5 - Sawn softwood markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 6 - Sawn hardwood markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 7 - Wood-based panels markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 8 - Markets for paper, paperboard and woodpulp, 2008-2009
- Chapter 9 - Wood energy markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 10 - Certified forest products markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 11 - Forest-sector carbon markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 12 - Value-added wood products markets, 2008-2009
- Chapter 13 - Trends in tropical timber markets, 2007-2009
The Annual Market Review in the news: