The UNECE Statistical Division is based in Geneva (Switzerland) and employs around 30 staff, with expertise across a range of statistical areas.
We help member countries strengthen their statistical systems through:
- the work of the Conference of European Statisticians (CES) and its Bureau
- the Database of International Statistical Activities which coordinate international statistical activities on the region.
- developing methodological guidelines and recommendations
- working with groups of specialists from national and international statistical organizations
- organizing meetings and other opportunities for statistical experts to exchange experiences on a wide range of statistical topics
- developing training materials on statistical methodology and practices
- providing technical assistance to South-East European, East European, Caucasus and Central Asian countries
- providing free on-line data on our 56 member countries in Europe, Central Asia and North America in both English and Russian, on economic, social and demographic, gender, forestry and transport statistics
Want to know more?
The UNECE is one of five United Nations regional commissions. See About UNECE for more information or watch the video below introducing our activities in brief: