The Economic Survey of Europe
Since 1948 the Economic Survey of Europe provides regular, comprehensive analyses of economic developments and prospects in the entire ECE region. Following the radical changes in political regimes in the formerly Centrally Planned Economies of the ECE region, the Survey has since 1990 placed particular emphasis on developments in the countries in transition of eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and the western response in terms of aid, trade and private investment. Starting in 1998 the Survey is published in three issues (April, July, November), incorporating the Economic Bulletin for Europe.
Issue No. 3 of the 1998 Survey was released in mid-December (Sales No.: E.98.II.E.25).
Economic Survey of Europe, 1998 No. 3
For an overview of the Survey please see the
The designations employed and the presentation of the material in this publication do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Any data provided under the heading "Yugoslavia" relate to the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia which, in accordance with General Assembly Resolutions 47/1 and 47/229, cannot continue automatically the membership of the former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia .
Below are selected elements of this issue of the Survey.
- Table of contents
- Chapter 1 - Overview and Policy Issues (or PDF version)
- Selected tables - (HTML or PDF version)
- Table 2.2.5 - Real GDP in the Developed Market Economies, 1996-1999
- Table 2.3.5 - Basic Economic Indicators for the ECE Transition Economies, 1996-1999
- Table 2.3.6 - International trade and external balances of the ECE Transition Economies, 1996-1999
- Table 3.1.2 - Trade Balances of the ECE Transition Economies, 1993-1998
- Table 4.2.1 - Current Account Balances of eastern Europe, Baltic states and European members of the CIS, 1995-1998
Economic Survey of Europe, 1998 No. 2 (released in July 1998, Sales No.: E.98.II.E.18)
Economic Survey of Europe, 1998 No. 1 (released in April 1998, Sales No.: E.98.II.E.1)
Readers wishing to purchase this issue ($40) or subscribe to a year of the Economic Survey of Europe ($95), should contact: