UNECE has committed today to strengthening its support to Turkey’s development cooperation efforts over the next five years by signing the United Nations Development Cooperation of Turkey (UNDCS) for 2016 – 2020.
UNDCS of Turkey is based on the following strategic pillars:
- Sustainable Inclusive Growth and Development
- Democratic Governance and human Rights
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- Migration and International protection
UNECE will provide to the Government of Turkey the following assistance under the UNDCS 2016-2020:
- Strengthening capacity of Turkey for the production and dissemination of internationally comparable demographic, social, economic and environmental statistics and indicators for enhanced evidence-based policies in the framework of the 2030 Development Agenda;
- Undertaking an innovation performance review and developing recommendations on innovation policy, various mechanism and instruments of public support for innovations;
- Implementing international standards on public-private partnerships in various sectors of infrastructure, such as water and sanitation, health, roads, renewable energy, education, ICT etc.;
- Implementing e-TIR and improving road safety.
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
Palais des Nations,
CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 (0) 22 917 44 44
Fax: +41 (0) 22 917 05 05
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.